Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Obligatory I've Run Out Of Ideas Nirvana Covers Post

Nirvana is one of those bands who only certain people can cover well, but that doesn't stop many of them from trying. I'd venture to say that they are the most covered 90's era band. Although I don't have the data to back that up, I do have some examples. Which one is your favorite? Talk to me or I stop posting. (not really)

1 Animal Collective - Polly (Nirvana cover)
2 Cibo Matto - About A Girl (Nirvana cover)
3 Rogue Wave - On A Plain (Nirvana cover)
4 Polyphonic Spree - Lithium (Nirvana cover)
5 Herbie Hancock - All Apologies (jazz cover of Nirvana)
6 Folk Implosion - School (Nirvana cover)
7 Sonic Youth - Moist Vagina (Nirvana cover)
8 Melvins - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana cover)
9 Weezer as Goat Punishment - Mr. Moustache (Nirvana cover)
10 Pedro the Lion - Something in the Way (Nirvana cover)

ZIP FILE

Bonus Song:
Nirvana - My Best Friend's Girl (Cars cover)

1 comment:

Fran├žois said...

SY 's Moist Vagina is the best