Saturday, April 28, 2007

Terrene


I had an entirely different post planned for today but I came across this band that I just had to share with you. In 2004 Terrene recorded a demo and sent it to legendary producer Phil Ek(Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, Stephen Malkmus). Apparently he was blown away and decided to help them record a full length version. Three years later the final record, "Indifferent Universe", has still not been released. John Dylan, the bands lead singer/guitarist, has been refining it into what he calls "a 42-minute mini-epic". The new release date is slated for 7/17/2007 on Wax Orchard, let's hope they get it out this time. Here are two tracks from the demo version of "Indifferent Universe".


Terrene - Fifty-One

Terrene - Makr


Visit Terrene on Myspace!

Bonus Video! "Fifty-One" on YouTube

6 comments:

chris said...

Nice! Any idea of a tour after the release?

gnomead said...

I hope so! I messaged them and will let you know if I hear back. Thanks for reading!

Clay Russell said...

Pretty good - but whats the trend with bros wearing headphones while drumming? Does he think he's in Garbage? Not very indie-rock if you ask me...

gnomead said...

lol

Jimmy G said...

The headphone trend comes from more and more drummers needing to play live to sequenced tracks. If you listen to music jut to be "indie" you may be a little too cool for Terrene.

gnomead said...

I read that they do a lot of live overdubbing with a laptop, so that may be why...